Sunday, June 17, 2007

Wohooo! Internet!


I arrived, checked in and found some of my writer friends. It didn't take long. If y'all have never been to St. Simons Island, Georgia before, I have to tell you it's gorgeous!

Low and behold, this old plantation has wi-fi! Lucky me. The conference starts at 3PM. I can hardly wait. I decided to try Windows Live Writer while here to see how it works.

My fellow authors decided to go out to Cheers, a local bar, for drinks. For once I wasn't asked to help someone write something. After all, we are seasoned veterans in the writing game. We got busy on the catch-up from last year. Poor old Verne and Jack were outnumbered and surrounded by a rowdy bunch of females who had not seen each other in a year.

We are already planning a pillow fight at ten paces for later tomorrow night after the night's activities finish. I know Mary, my partner in crime, will want to know things like the feasibility of things like killing a man with stiletto heels or some such.

More later, I've got a nice buzz on and want to curl up with my copy of "Eragon" by Christopher Paolini. I finally bought a copy. Just another way to play hookie until the work starts tomorrow.

The rest of you...write on! I'm reading. smile_wink

No comments: